AdvisoryCloud Top CMOs and Marketing Executives
#1. Kelly Bennett
Kelly Bennett has served as Netflix's Chief Marketing Officer since 2012, after nearly a decade at Warner Bros. where he was most recently Vice President Interactive, World Wide Marketing with the pictures group, leading international online campaigns for Warner Bros. movies. Before that Kelly ran digital marketing for Warner Bros. Pictures in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and worked in promotion and business development at the company. He previously held executive positions at Dow Jones International and Ignition Media as well as being a partner in online marketing agency Cimex Media.
AdvisoryCloud produces c-suite executive rankings based on statistical and algorithmic analysis of executive performance across 24 key areas. Our proprietary methods for evaluating and ranking executives play a key role in the operation of AdvisoryCloud’s global marketplace that connects companies with advisors across 124 industries and 50+ professions. We use our data sets and understanding of executive talent from the rankings to guide our matchmaking process between companies and advisors, ensuring that companies find the advisor best suited for their current challenges and opportunities.
A sample of the 24 categories that we measure include:
- Experience in the executive role
- Business results during tenure
- Board member appointments
- Company earnings per share growth this year
- Industry/professional reputation
#2. Philip Schiller, Apple
Philip Schiller is Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing reporting to CEO Tim Cook. Schiller is a member of Apple's Executive Team. Since rejoining Apple in April 1997 Schiller has helped the company create the best computers in the world with the Mac, lead the digital music revolution with iPod and iTunes, reinvent mobile phones with iPhone and the App Store, and define the future of mobile computing with iPad. Schiller has over twenty five years of marketing and management experience, including twenty years at Apple in various marketing management positions.
#3. Andrew Sherrard, T-Mobile
Andrew Sherrard serves as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at T-Mobile. Sherrard is responsible for strategic development and execution of all marketing, product development, pricing programs and activities that will help to drive revenue, customer growth and improve the customer experience for each of our brands. Andrew Sherrard joined T-Mobile in 2003. Prior to T-Mobile, he was a Marketing Manager for Clorox, responsible for developing and implementing the business plan, growing volume, market share and profit.
#4. Davide Grasso, NIKE
Davide Grasso currently serves as Vice President of Global Brand Marketing for Nike, Inc., in Beaverton, Oregon. Born and raised in Turin, Italy, Mr. Grasso completed studies in Business Administration at the University of Turin that helped to prepare him for his career. After graduating from the University of Turin, Davide Grasso continued his education at SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan, where he completed his MBA. He then embarked on a diversified career in fashion and apparel marketing for companies in his native Italy and abroad.
#5. Karen Walker, Cisco
Karen Walker is the Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at Cisco. As Cisco’s CMO, Karen is responsible for the company’s Global Marketing, Corporate Communications, and Government and Community Relations groups. Her organization is responsible for positioning Cisco's growth strategy, cultivating opportunities in new and existing customer markets, and growing demand for Cisco's solutions globally. Since joining Cisco, Walker has championed marketing's role as an accountable business function aligning closely with sales teams and a vital resource to partners.
Top CMOs and Marketing Executives of 2015
I very much appreciate AdvisoryCloud’s recognition of our work at Thomson Reuters to strengthen the underpinnings of our marketing activities with data-driven intelligence. I am privileged to work with an exceptional executive team and a marketing organization focused on driving our business to continued success across the globe.
Tobias Lee, CMO, Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting
AdvisoryCloud has assembled a ranking of HR Leaders who are helping to shape and transform the organizations and industries of which they are a part. It is both humbling and an honor to be among those selected.
Josh Friedlander, Chief Human Resources Officer, Latham & Watkins LLP
Being acknowledged among one's peers is among the most meaningful recognition possible. What an honor to be placed on such a prestigious list alongside some of today's true Marketing thought leaders.
Evan Greene, CMO, The Recording Academy
I am grateful for the recognition by AdvisoryCloud, but realize that it is actually an acknowledgement of the stellar work done by the finance staff at AutoNation, the tremendous leadership provided by Mike Jackson, and the dedication of the thousands of AutoNation associates who deliver world-class customer experiences everyday at our stores.
Michael Short, CFO, AutoNation
1. Kelly Bennett, Netflix, Inc.
2. Philip Schiller, Apple Inc.
3. Andrew Sherrard, T-Mobile US, Inc.
4. John Slusher, NIKE, Inc.
5. Karen Walker, Cisco Systems, Inc.
6. Ronald M. Coppock, ARRIS Group, Inc.
7. Stephen Quinn, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
8. Chris Cox, Facebook, Inc.
9. Beth Comstock, General Electric Company
10. Marcos de Quinto, The Coca-Cola Company
11. Anne Finucane, Bank of America
12. Jon Iwata, IBM
13. John Costello, Dunkin’ Brands
14. John D. Hayes, American Express Company
15. David Roman, Lenovo
16. Robert Medrano, Akana
17. John C. Distaso, Pioneer Natural Resources Co.
18. Michelle Crecca, Prudential Financial
19. Stephan W. Labonte, VWR Corporation
20. Peter D. Horst, The Hershey Company
21. Marc Pritchard, Procter & Gamble
22. Shannon Stubo, LinkedIn Corporation
23. Evan Greene, The Recording Academy
24. Ricky Strauss, Walt Disney Studios
25. Anthony Christie, Level 3 Communications, Inc.
26. Charlie Young, Sabre Corporation
27. Bart Sichel, Burlington Stores, Inc.
28. Revell Michael, Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated
29. Albert Pimentel, Seagate Technology
30. Nitsa Zuppas, Veeva Systems Inc.
31. Lorraine Twohill, Google
32. Pam Wickham, Raytheon
33. Stacy Martinet, Mashable
34. George Courcier, PDC Energy, Inc.
35. Richard Kellam, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
36. Lisa Caputo, Travelers Companies
37. Roxanne Taylor, Accenture
38. Will Downie, Catalent, Inc.
39. Kirsten A. Lynch, Vail Resorts Inc.
40. Bob O'Keefe, DuPont Fabros Technology, Inc.
41. Christine Cefalo, Workday, Inc.
42. Steven B. Wiggs, BB&T Corporation
43. Michael Senackerib, Campbell’s Soup
44. Esther Lee, MetLife, Inc.
45. Christopher Capossela, Microsoft Corporation
46. Andrew Nocella, American Airlines Group Inc.
47. Diane Dietz, Safeway
48. Gail Galupo, Aflac Incorporated
49. Rhett Winchell, Kennedy-Wilson Holdings, Inc.
50. Silvia Lagnado, McDonald's Corp.
51. Claude P. Moreau, Tesoro Corporation
52. Meg Lee, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
53. Jeffrey J. Jones II, Target Corp.
54. Phyllis Anderson, Express Scripts Holding Company
55. Jim Ward, CBL & Associates Properties Inc.
56. Martine Reardon, Macy's, Inc.
57. Jeremy Burton, EMC Corporation
58. Eileen Lynch, Thomson Reuters
59. Doug Collier, La-Z-Boy
60. Rene Bonvanie, Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
61. Tom Armstrong, L.L. Bean
62. Sander Arts, Atmel Corporation
63. John F. Strain, Williams-Sonoma
64. Sheryl Adkins-Green, Mary Kay
65. Mary Beech, Kate Spade & Company
66. Robert Franklin, Exxon Mobil Corporation
67. Greg Butz, Comcast Corporation
68. Ted MacLean, Iron Mountain Incorporated
69. Thomas F. O'Toole, United Continental Holdings, Inc.
70. Eric Fisher, Valero Energy Corporation
71. Susan C. Hyde, W. P. Carey Inc.
72. George Murray, Signet Jewelers
73. John Frascotti, Hasbro
74. Olivier Francois, Chrysler Corporation
75. Lapo Paladini, PerkinElmer
76. Neal Campbell, CDW
77. Michelle Kersch, Black Knight Financial Services, Inc.
78. Kelly Loeffler, Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.
79. T. Michael Glenn, FedEx Corporation
80. Marcus Starke, E*TRADE Financial Corporation
81. Shawn Gensch, Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc.
82. Mark D. Mauz, Antero Midstream Partners LP
83. Werner Barth, Philip Morris International, Inc.
84. Bret Sewell, Synaptics Inc.
85. Caroline D. Naggiar, Tiffany & Co.
86. John Wojick, The Boeing Company
87. Thomas M. Kelley, Marathon Petroleum Corporation
88. Michael J. Barkley, Pinnacle Foods Inc.
89. Brad Iversen, Edward Jones
90. Kurt A. Kane, The Wendy's Company
91. Terry Clark, UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
92. D. Scott Pryor, Targa Resources Partners LP
93. Tim Rosa, Fitbit Inc.
94. Robert Moore, Office Depot
95. Sicily Dickenson, NRG Energy, Inc.
96. J. David Joyner, CVS Health Corporation
97. Jan Hanak, Regency Centers Corporation
98. Scott Moore, Anadarko Petroleum
99. David Abelman, Rite Aid Corporation
100. Marianne Budnik, SimpliVity
101. Erin Mulligan Nelson, SunPower Corporation
102. Steven Smith, CoreSite Realty Corporation
103. Enna Allen, The Howard Hughes Corporation
104. Diego Scotti, Verizon Communications Inc.
105. Simon Fleming-Wood, Pandora Media, Inc.
106. Lisa Bacus, Cigna Corp.
107. Paul Crandell, GoPro, Inc.
108. Stephen T. Odell, Ford Motor Co.
109. Eric S. Waldinger, UDR, Inc.
110. John Wyatt, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
111. Cynthia A. Archer, Sunoco LP
112. Clay Stobaugh, John Wiley & Sons
113. Steve Bradley, Continental Resources, Inc.
114. Colette Laforce, Cars.com
115. Derek Mathieson, Baker Hughes Incorporated
116. Marshall Lang, AGL Resources Inc.
117. Beth Johnson, Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
118. Melisa Goldie, PVH Corp.
119. Gregory Pearson, Intel Corporation
120. Sharon Rothstein, Starbucks Corporation
121. Jeffrey A. Hirsch, Starz
122. Jodi Senese, Outfront Media Inc.
123. Marci P. Grebstein, Lowe's Companies Inc.
124. Kevin M. Krone, Southwest Airlines Co.
125. Elissa Fink, Tableau Software, Inc.
126. Brett Keller, Priceline.com
127. Diane Scott, Western Union
128. Charles Doyle, Jones Lang LaSalle
129. Thomas Britanik, The Clorox Company
130. Ilene Jablonski, Mack-Cali Realty Corp.
131. Jonathan Hargis, Charter Communications, Inc.
132. Tariq Shaukat, Caesars Entertainment
133. Greg Revelle, Best Buy Co., Inc.
134. Jonathan Beamer, SolarCity Corporation
135. Dave Horton, Las Vegas Sands Corp.
136. Jeffrey M. Petry, Premier, Inc.
137. Jay G. Spenchian, Tempur Sealy International Inc.
138. Kip J. Fulks, Under Armour, Inc.
139. Antonio J. Lucio, HP Inc.
140. Bob Maggiore, TaylorMade-Adidas Golf Company
141. Lori Lee, AT&T, Inc.
142. Justin Rounce, Cameron International Corporation
143. Maryam Banikarim, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
144. Mark J. Smith, Western Refining, Inc.
145. Teresa M. Finley, United Parcel Service, Inc.
146. Suresh Sundaram, Aspen Technology, Inc.
147. Barry Karfunkel, National General Holdings Corp.
148. Bruce McColl, Mars
149. Elizabeth A. Simermeyer, Ecolab Inc.
150. Julie Springer, TransUnion
151. Tom Dobry, Lithia Motors Inc.
152. Patrick O'Malley, Landstar System Inc.
153. John Graff, National Instruments Corporation
154. Ellyn Raftery, Fidelity National Information Services, Inc.
155. Malcolm Frank, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation
156. Elaina Shekhter, EPAM Systems, Inc.
157. Ralph Santana, Harman International Industries, Incorporated
158. Rhonda Germany, Honeywell International Inc.
159. Toni White, Synchrony Financial
160. Mava Heffler, Emcor Group
161. Keith M. Guilbault, Jack in the Box
162. Molly A. Murphy, Eaton
163. Wanda Gierhart, Neiman Marcus
164. Mark Foss, Arista Networks, Inc.
165. Mikael Thygesen, Simon Property Group
166. Greg Santoro, NII Holdings
167. David Kimbell, ULTA Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc.
168. Jeffrey M. Charney, Progressive Corp.
169. David C. Leavy, Discovery Communications, Inc.
170. Dijuana Lewis, Aetna Inc.
171. Dean Evans, Hyundai Motor America
172. Bobby Schroeter, Spirit Airlines, Inc.
173. Alex Pinchev, Rackspace Hosting, Inc.
174. Maurice Sciammas, Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
175. Jon T. Lindekugel, 3M Company
176. Brian Hancock, Kansas City Southern
177. Michael R. Richardson, Casey's General Stores, Inc.
178. Samantha B. Cosby, Tyler Technologies, Inc.
179. Trish Mueller, Home Depot
180. Judith Sim, Oracle Corporation
181. Stefanie Shelley, Broadridge Financial Solutions
182. Jim Lyski, CarMax Inc.
183. Hal Adams, CST Brands, Inc.
184. Lynn Vojvodich, salesforce.com, inc.
185. Barbara Messing, TripAdvisor Inc.
186. Marc R. Eschenburg, EOG Resources, Inc.
187. Deirdre D. McGraw, Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
188. Joseph P. Vesey, Xylem Inc.
189. Fiona Nolan, CommScope Holding Company, Inc.
190. Jonathan M. Levine, W.R. Berkley Corporation
191. Tim Mapes, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
192. Stuart Redsun, Columbia Sportswear Company
193. Sanjay Gupta, The Allstate Corporation
194. Frank Sottosanti, Protective Life Corporation
195. Michael Kappitt, Bloomin’ Brands
196. Terri Mulcahey, Penske Automotive Group, Inc.
197. Gary L. Ginsberg, Time Warner Inc.
198. Walter Scott, Advance Auto Parts Inc.
199. Sandro D'Ascanio, The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
200. William G. Foglesong, Carter's, Inc.
201. Sangeeta Anand, F5 Networks, Inc.
202. Lisa M. Andrade, St. Jude Medical Inc.
203. Paul Rolls, ON Semiconductor Corp.
204. Stephanie C. Linnartz, Marriott International, Inc.
205. Eric L. Butler, Union Pacific Corporation
206. Jonathan Colehower, Manhattan Associates, Inc.
207. Brad Rinklin, Akamai Technologies, Inc.
208. Thomas W. Butch, Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc.
209. Andrew J. Greenfield, ABIOMED, Inc.
210. Ann Lewnes, Adobe Systems Incorporated
211. Andrew Harrison, Alaska Air Group, Inc.
212. David Reid, National Oilwell Varco, Inc.
213. John McDermott, Rockwell Automation
214. Jim McNiel, NetScout Systems, Inc.
215. Elizabeth S. Brady, Principal Financial Group Inc.
216. Linda Robinson, BlackRock, Inc.
217. Gary Bultman, Lam Research Corporation
218. Chris Bruzzo, Electronic Arts Inc.
219. Rachel Richards, Sonic Automotive
220. Michelle Draper, SVB Financial Group
221. David M. Hall, Waste Connections Inc.
222. Scott Peters, Regions Financial
223. Timothy J. Connors, Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc.
224. Francesca Luthi, Assurant
225. Richard W. Lavey, The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
226. Florencia Panizza, MarketAxess Holdings Inc.
227. Albert Saltiel, AutoZone, Inc.
228. Shelley Simpson, JB Hunt Transport Services Inc.
229. Robert Brough, Zions Bancorporation
230. Heather Cox, Citigroup Inc.
231. Jacqueline Yeaney, Red Hat, Inc.
232. Suzanne Blaug, Amgen Inc.
233. J. Jonathan Song, Expeditors International of Washington Inc.
234. Jennifer Anaya, Ingram Micro
235. Edward Flynn, Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
236. Kira Sterling, Toll Brothers
237. Larry Drury, Vantiv, Inc.
238. Thomas K. Smith, Markel Corp.
239. Danny Biran, Altera Corp.
240. Jason Marshall, SolarWinds, Inc.
241. MaryAnn Miller, Avnet, Inc.
242. Lisa Caputo, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
243. Warren Schlichting, Dish Network Corp.
244. Scott D. Gallett, BorgWarner Inc.
245. Robin Matlock, VMware, Inc.
246. Fredrik J. Eliasson, CSX Corp.
247. Kim Metcalf-Kupres, Johnson Controls Inc.
248. Andrew Childs, Paychex, Inc.
249. Alan H. Shaw, Norfolk Southern Corporation
250. Graciela Monteagudo, Mead Johnson Nutrition Company
I’m honored to be included amongst such a strong contingent of thought leaders and understand that any recognition is a function of the great team at Intuit.
Andrew Westergren, Chief Strategy and Corporate Development Officer, Intuit
It’s an honor to be on this distinguished list of marketing and communications leaders. The ranking is a reflection of the hard work and passion of my colleagues throughout Salesforce.com who are transforming the enterprise software industry.
Jane Hynes, Senior Vice President, Public Relations & Comunications, Salesforce.com
It is an honor to be recognized for the work we do at Land O’Lakes, Inc. on behalf of our member-owners, and to be included in this prestigious group of colleagues and peers.
Barry Wolfish CMO, SVP Corporate Strategy, Land O'Lakes, Inc.
Chris Lindner, CMO and SVP Business Development, Sperry Top-Sider